I'm scared of nutrition!
I don't mean I have a healthy respect of nutrition. I mean scared!
I never wanted to learn more than the surface.
I know the basics.
Whole grain=good
Enriched flours=not good
Sugar=not good (except for the taste buds)
Local Honey=good for allergies
Cranberries=good for women's health (but sadly not the sugar ones)
Than life threw me a curve ball. I got a diagnosis of pre-diabetes. How? I don't know...
I exercise an average of 4 days a week. I eat as healthy as my budget and my knowledge allow.
I never had gestational diabetes. I don't have any immediate family members with it. I don't have high-cholesterol (in fact I have low which is more dangerous for my heart).
And I definitely don't weigh 7% over my healthy BMI.
So that leads me to research and constantly bugging a friend;
tapping into her knowledge and research.
The honest truth is that a very dear person to me was anorexic from high school to college. When it became public knowledge she switched to being completely nutrition savvy and into exercise. But than 10 years later, she was using that knowledge to destroy in a different way. She cut almost every food group out and was trying to "eat healthy." I know I am programed the same as her. I like an ordered world and I do have a tendency to want to control things in my life;
because way too much life is out of my control.
So I step...tentatively....forward in this pursuit of learning. I am learning how to make my own natural seed and nut butters. Experimenting making Larabars. Learning when and how to balance the carbohydrates and proteins in my diet, what low-glycerin foods are, and what the difference between a simple and complex carbohydrate is.
As I do I will lean on the knowledge of those who have gone before, but mostly I will cover it all in prayer. Praying that God will teach me what I need to know, help me discern what trend is simply that, and pleading that He will heal me from the inside out!

No comments:
Post a Comment